My dear Heavenly Father,
First I ask you to help ________ realize how much You love him. Bring to his mind all the times he was aware of Your love. May he truly understand that those were merely tiny glimpses of the boundless care and concern You have for him.
Help him to relax in Your love and to know that it is more real and lasting than any thing on this earth. Furthermore, it is for him personally. And Dear Lord, please show him that only You can fill that hole in his heart.
And God, teach him in real, practical ways that You are his true employer and you will not fire him. He may quit Your service, but You will never sever his connection with You.
As Your employee, teach him that You provide his wages, although the checks might be signed by someone else. Even if he doesn’t know where the money for his family will come from, You do. You will appoint check writers as long as he seeks You as his source of love and provision.
Train him to do the work You expect of him every single day. Guide him to get his mind off of his problems and onto every person he meets. His job is to share Your love with everyone You place in his path, whether he collects regular paychecks or not. Give him an ear to hear the unspoken dimension of every conversation in order to help others.
Show him how to be a true friend to:
His siblings and friends
His business contacts
The people he sees when running errands
The people who have treated him shabbily
The people who call him for help
The people he talks to when seeking employment.
Show him that everyone in his world is hurting. Help him understand that resenting others only burdens him further. Train him to give You all injustice that comes his way. Empty fear, bitterness, and anger from his heart and replace it with love.
Encourage him to make getting a new job his major goal for each day. Let him understand that any job will ennoble him and prepare him for a better position. There is a true dignity in humility that especially pleases You. When he is ready for a new or greater responsibility, You will show him the way.
Please, Dear Father, heal his broken heart. Send angels to soothe all old wounds. Teach him to rest in You and to rise up in Your strength. And like Jesus, we ask that he will “increase in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52)
In the precious name of Jesus, we ask this,
- Psalm 36:7 How precious is your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings
- Psalm 69:13 But as for me, my prayer is to you, O Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love, answer me. With your faithful help
- Psalm 136:1 O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.
- Joel 2:13 Rend your hearts and not your clothing. Return to the Lord, your God, for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and relents from punishing.
- Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
- Romans 8:31 What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us?
- 1 Corinthians 8:3 . . . but anyone who loves God is known by him.
- Galatians 2:20 And it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- 1 John 3:1 See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
- 1 John 4:16 So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them.